Sunday, June 22, 2014

People everywhere

Psalm 75: 1 - 10 

We thank you, Oh God!
We give thanks because you are near.
People everywhere tell of your wonderful deeds.

God says, At the time I have planned,
I will bring justice against the wicked.
When the earth quakes and its people live in turmoil,
I am the one who keeps the foundations firm.

I warned the proud, “Stop your boasting!”
I told the wicked, “Don’t raise your fists!”
Don’t raise your fist in defiance at the heavens
or speak with such arrogance
For no one on earth – from east or west
or even the wilderness –
should raise a defiant fist.
It is God alone who judges;
he decides who will rise and who will fall.
For the Lord holds a cup in his hand
that is full of foaming wine mixed with spices
He pours out the wine in judgment ,
and all the wicked must drink it,
draining it to the dregs.

But as for me, I will always proclaim what the God has done;
I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
For God says, “ I will break the strength of the wicked,
But I will increase the power of the godly.”


Psalm 75 : 1- 10 ( NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment