Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Monday Musings Music

Last Saturday, I heard a song from Jennifer and Jason's wedding that is still resonating in my thoughts.  The lyrics have inspired me to look at anew at my relationships. In particular; the song is renewing thoughts on how I treat my marriage. 

 I love listening to songs with a fresh mindset. With years of life experiences since this song was first released, the words of this certain song has deep significance to me.  I enjoy lyrics that spark an interest to examine my life. Anita Baker's classic song, "Giving You The Best That I Got." 

Am I giving the best I have to my marriage, my friendships, and my teaching responsibilities?
Some songs offer little more than a steady beat and some "stanky" lyrics.  

There is one portion  of the lyrics I especially like, it is from the song's chorus ...
"I made a vow ... Giving You The Best That I Got"  

Got a minute? Check out Anita Baker on Y tube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment