Friday, November 15, 2013

1000 blog posts

Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House
This is my thousandth blog post.  Looking back over these posts I wonder has there been a common theme?
Hmm, let’s look…

Conversations, friendships, celebrations, weddings, baby showers, college graduations, family reunions, students, teaching, cooking, exercise, road trips, afternoon teas, Thanksgiving celebrations, Birthday milestones, writing retreats, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, Tennessee, Mississippi, Oregon, Washington, Canada, Christmas celebrations, decorating, pets of the week, musings, friendships, Sunday Scriptures, Bible Study Fellowship ….

There is a common theme… my faith in God.  I trust my faith is evident in my everyday life.

Family and friends have been gracious and allowed me take their pictures, post bits of our conversations, share pictures, and focus on a pet of the week.

While I share some of the details of my life much of my life still remains hidden.

One of the sweet treasures of this journey…the lessons learned and  the many strangers I have met along this journey. This week has been especially sweet… new friends from Philadelphia.

Let me introduce  you to this couple, Bobby and Pat.

What a remarkable couple! They have been happily married for 60 years!  On Wednesday, we were able to have lunch together. Bobby told me not to miss the tour of the First African Baptist Church in Savannah. He continues to teach tennis. She is still active in a dance studio.  Five years ago, she had both of her knees replaced.   She said recovery was difficult, but she is doing well.
They are active members of their Baptist church in Philadelphia.
(The blogger keeps track of the posts...  even if I deleted a few…) 

No comments:

Post a Comment