Thursday, May 23, 2013

Seven Deadly Sins



If I am honest with myself, I find a little bit of sin in my life. I don't  like sin. Especially when it is in my life. I would rather walk in freedom and faith. But I if I want to get help I have to keep it real. 

 Eating one more bite of food when I am full is gluttony. Watching a television show when I could be working is sloth.  Pride is choosing to believe the experience of others is the measure of truth rather than God's word. 

I love my accountablity partner. We keep it real. We are experiencing freedom as we journey to wholeness as we trust God. We are a part of a group that meets every Wednesday night.  In the midst of this  challenging journey, we are experiencing real joy.

What are the seven deadly sins? Pride, envy, gluttony, lust, anger, greed, and sloth.
Are you interested in learning more about this topic, I suggest you visit this site   7 Deadly Sins.
Once on the site, click on sin to read more. More importantly, I suggest you read about the Heavenly and Cardinal Virtues.  Information about these virtues are available on the sight.

In reality, we need God to live a holy life.  




No comments:

Post a Comment