Thursday, February 14, 2013

Speaking the truth in love


Me:     Hi “G” Wanted to give you a call while I am driving to class. I am late!
G:        So you want to blame me for arriving late to teach class.
Me:     No, I just wanted to use the time to talk to you. How was your doctor’ appointment?
G:        Weight about the same… change RX… blood work …
Me:     Well I was wanted to let you know I was thinking about you.  We need to take care of ourselves.
G:        Roger that
Me:     Wow, someone just cut me off.  I need to go. I will call you later.

Later…
Me:     “G” Guess what… I got a ticket. I was running late, then I parked in the wrong spot.
G:        Laughing…Laughing….
Me:     I did not call to hear you laugh...
G:        How much is the ticket?
Me:     $15
G:        Better you than me… Laughing
Me:     This conversation is not getting any better.
G:        Sis, there are consequences to our actions. You parked in the wrong spot.
Me:     blah, blah, blah,... I guess you are speaking the truth in love...

" No prolonged infancies among us, please. We will not tolerate babes in the woods, small children who are an easy mark for impostors. God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love - Like Christ in everything we do. He keeps us in step with each other. His very breath and blood through through us, nourishing us so that we will grow up healthy in God, robust in love. "
Ephesians 4:14 - 16  ( The Message)






No comments:

Post a Comment