Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Resisting temptation


The definition of wandering is to walk or move in a leisurely, casual or aimless way. If you are resisting temptation wandering may not be a good idea. For me, wandering around a dessert table is dangerous. That is exactly what I did Sunday afternoon.

As a volunteer with the IHP program I attended a Valentine Event . Host volunteers and International Students were invited to enjoy an afternoon of music, food, and conversation.  It was a lovely afternoon.  

 Prior to attending the event, I had decided not to eat any dessert.   I decided to bring a tray of fruit and a fruit dip. Bringing candy would have be a HUGE mistake. Having desserts in my home is not an option for me. What ever the temptation ... give no place ... in your home... your heart...


“Temptation is the devil looking through the keyhole. Yielding is opening the door and inviting him in. “
Billy Sunday



No comments:

Post a Comment