Friday, February 22, 2013

Pets of the week



Ivy
Ivy and the "Tribe" are the pets of the week. Here is a bit about the owners.  Karin and Drew grow herbs.  They also offer a line of herb seasonings. Karin also creates sensational soap. This husband and wife team are members of Bluegrass Farmers Market.  

Karin described some of the outside cats as semi feral.  Ivy is the kitty that lives inside. 

Karin was kind to share the story and the pictures. "The group picture has always been one of my favorites.  I call it "The Tribe!"  When we first moved to the farm, it seems that there was an invisible sign at the end of our drive that said "these folks provide shelter and food to all cats!"  They showed up daily.  Drew built them a huge cat condo complete with carpet, a raised bed with comforters, a heated water bowl, heat in the winter and always plenty of food.  They all got fed by "Cat Man Drew" twice a day and believe me...they knew when to show up!  I had just opened our front door to see if anyone was around for feed time and that picture is exactly what I saw.  I couldn't believe it!  The funny thing is they stayed there while I went and got the camera...didn't move until Drew came out with food!"

"The Tribe"

No comments:

Post a Comment