Thursday, February 9, 2012

In everything give thanks...

It's easy to give thanks when life is going well. How do I give thanks when things are difficult? It takes a lifetime of practice. I am grateful for some amazing role models. No matter the challenges, my parents were wonderful role models. My reaction to difficult circumstances is often automatic, I try to give thanks...
Does that sound a bit odd? Every day, I have an opportunity to practice this truth.

Last Monday night, I was sitting in a hotel parking lot, my car would not  start. Jerry was entering data on the GPS for my four hour  trip home.  Thank God the car did not sputter and stop on the interstate or at a rest stop.  Thank God, Jerry was there to help me.  The car dealership was less than a mile away from the hotel.  I could go and and on about the provision of God.


"Even in hardship and suffering, even in bitter disappointments even when wrongly treated Christians can know that God will work amidst such situations to fulfill His good purpose in His children." Jack Hayford.

"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."  I Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment