Saturday, February 18, 2012

Eyes to see...

My eye...
A childhood game takes on special significance for me this week.  The name of the game… "Do you see what I see?”  Are you familiar with the game?  Briefly, you select an item in a room and give hints to see if the person can discover the item.  It's a guessing game.   For example, I see something you don’t see and it is green.  Individuals take turns until the person discovers the item or you reveal the item.  On several levels the theme of eyes and eyesight has been a recurring theme for me this week.

First, as a woman of a certain age, I now use reading classes.   This week, I lost three inexpensive reading classes.  It can be so frustrating!   I don’t like wasting money! I knew that I would have to replace them. Then I went to Wal Mart and found eyeglasses for only $2.00 a pair!  Wow!

Finally, consider our spiritual eyes. Do you read the Bible?  Do you understand the message of God’s love and grace?  Before I was a Christian, the message of the Bible did not make sense. I could not comprehend the message of sin, redemption, grace, and salvation. This scripture perfectly demonstrates this truth, “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the gospel of the glory of Christ who is the image of God.”  2 Corinthians 4:4
Seeing with our spiritual eyes is such a blessing.  I hope you have eyes to see ...

No comments:

Post a Comment