Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Worship Services


Some experiences are difficult to describe with words, they must be felt.   How do I describe a worship service? Services are more than songs and a Bible message. Experiencing services is helpful to understand them. Before I came to faith in Christ, worship services at church made me uncomfortable. Church vocabulary, rituals, and songs were strange and unfamiliar to me.   Then, I had my Damascus Road (Acts 9) experience.

After today’s message, our church offered a Thanksgiving meal for the community.  Many of the individuals are already a part of the weekly feeding program offered at our church.  Our church offers a safe place for individuals to be a part of a family that loves them.   Individuals need not attend church to have a Thanksgiving meal. Serving those who are hurting, lonely, and homeless in our community must be experienced to  be fully understood… words are inadequate to convey what happens. 

In the past, we might have traveled in St. Louis, Dayton, or Anderson.   I miss seeing family. While today was different, we remain thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment