Monday, November 7, 2011

Reflections on living a life that matters

 Today, I am reflecting on this past year. Tomorrow is my birthday.  I am pondering some questions. Did I make the most of each day?  Did I fritter away time on things that have no eternal significance?  Did I live with courage, boldness, and effectiveness for the Lord?   Did I reflect on my monthly goals?  Was I occupied more with me than God?  Do family and friends know that God is most dear to me?  Did I let fear rule in my life where God should reign?  How can I live a life that  most honors God and gives Him glory.

Part of my reflections were a part of today's birthday lunch conversation.


Friendship Tea Room at the Gift Box
Look at the tea cups from the chandelier



One of my favorite scripture is found in Ephesians 5: 15 - 17, "So be careful how you live. Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise.  Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. "


No comments:

Post a Comment