Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Signed, Sealed and Delivered, I'm Yours



When I listen to the song “Signed, Sealed and Delivered, I'm Yours” by Stevie Wonder, it makes me smile.  I appreciate the song’s lyrics, the background singers, and of course Stevie Wonder’s amazing voice.  I was reminded of this song last week when I reading a devotional, from Charles Spurgeon’s, Morning and Evening . check it here : spurgeon   

Here is a portion from that reading:  “The Lord’s people delight in the covenant.  It is an unfailing source of consolation to them as the Holy Spirit leads them into His banqueting house and waves His banner of love.   They delight to contemplate the antiquity of that covenant, remembering that before the planets ran their round, the interest of the saints were made secure in Christ Jesus.  It is peculiarly pleasing to them to remember the sureness of the covenant.  They delight to celebrate it as signed, sealed, and ratified in all things.  It makes their heart dilate with joy to think of its immutability as a covenant which neither time nor eternity, life or death will ever be able to violate…“
I treasure the reality that I am His. 

No comments:

Post a Comment