Monday, August 1, 2011

Home is...

Indiana has been home for both sides of my family for five generations.  My Indiana roots run deep. Moving to Michigan in 1985 was a bit difficult for me. Back then, Facebook and email accounts were not yet invented.  I was comforted by frequent phone calls to family.  If I remember correctly, I think I made daily calls to my parents.  

Today, I stay connected with family and friends via phone, text messages, email, and Facebook.  Today, I was able to see a bit of Brooklyn’s (my great niece) first day at kindergarten.  Pictures of Brooklyn and Chelsie at the bus stop melted my heart.  Then, I saw, Brooklyn, sitting in her first classroom. In other pictures, I saw Chelsie smiling in her classroom.    I don’t play games on Facebook. I stay connected with family. This is why I joined Facebook.   “ Back Home Again in Indiana.”

No comments:

Post a Comment