Thursday, October 7, 2010

One journey ends... another begins

In a community of believers, we are connected by our shared faith in God. We share a journey filled with celebrations, struggles, weddings, baptisms, communion, illnesses, and death. This week, our church said good bye to a member. In the midst of the pain of losing a loved one, we are comforted by trusting God who is in the midst of every part of our lives.


Being in friendship and relationships with others, we are touched by their pain. We want to sit with them and offer words of comfort. Visiting with Sharon's  family, my words seem insignificant; I just wanted to show I care.

Next week, we will begin hosting a small group in our home. As our church has grown larger, our church leadership has started a 40 Days of Community.  As this journey begins, I don’t know what is ahead, I trust in the God who goes ahead of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment