Sunday, December 27, 2009

I wonder

I enjoy reading bumper stickers... messages on church bulletin boards...flyers stuck in unexpected places.. I think that those messages are intended to be provocative.
I read one of those messages this week. Outside St. Luke United Methodist church in Lexington, ..Two simple words after Christmas... Now What....For me, I fill in the blanks, gifts have been unwrapped, dinner is over, visitors are their way home. Soon, all the decorations will be packed away. Now what... has Christmas changed how I live my life? Or it is like last week's newspaper...ready to be discarded? forgotten, and shoved aside? Or is there some timeless truths I can depend on and trust... or will I simply look for the next event or celebration. I wonder what the minster preached about...

No comments:

Post a Comment