Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dinner, friendship, and laughter...


Laughter is good medicine...Researchers from the University of Maryland found, "laughing apparently causes the endothelium, the tissue that lines the blood vessels, to expand, which increases blood flow. Laughter may also improve arterial health by reducing metal stress, which constricts vessels and cuts blood flow. Researcher Michael Miller told the New Scientist --that a healthy lifestyle would include 30 minutes of exercise three times a week, and 15 minutes of of hearty laughter each day."... At dinner tonight, I had my 15 minutes of laughter. At first, I had a few giggles at the beginning of the meal. Later, I was laughing so hard, tears were slipping down my cheeks. It was good medicine .
"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." (Proverbs 17:22)
Pictures are from a local restaurant.






















No comments:

Post a Comment