Monday, March 21, 2022

Monday Musings ... Zooming

 Many of us are returning to more in person events. Slowly, there seems to be a cautious return to what is an "almost" normal part of  life. Depending on the guidelines of public or private spaces, we are learning to adapt. 

Are Zoom meetings and gatherings slowly fading away?   My thoughts are a bit mixed. Virtual meeting and classes have been a great benefit to continue to stay connected. Yet, I love in person worship services.

In early in March,  I taught Sunday School via Zoom  while  visiting in D.C. Then last week, I attended revival services that were held in Lexington, while I was in Indianapolis. Today, I participated in Amazing Book Club Discussion via Zoom. 

Who attended today's book club discussion? Most everyone was in Lexington. Our discussion was led by a friend in Florida.  Another person logged in  from Nebraska. So... in the midst of being hundreds miles away, we stay connected.  

I would not have been able to teach class, attend revival services or be part of today's book discussion if Zoom were not available.

There is a cautionary part of this... when possible I think in person connection are the best. If not, Zoom is a great option.  Here is my encouraging word... send friends or family a text. Let them know you are thinking of them. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment