Wednesday, March 2, 2022

March ...

 Over forty years ago, I was in Ball Memorial Hospital having just delivered my daughter. Looking back on those first twenty-four hours, it was an exquisite experience. Every part of her little body was perfect. Her sweet face was framed by dark hair. Holding her tiny body made me smile. 

In the nursery, she turned her little face around and let out a cry that make other babies join in the crying. Today, she is more likely to make people smile rather than cry.

What has changed over the years?  Everything and nothing. Every part of my daughter make be smile. Her curly hair,  her smooth caramel skin, her smile,  her keen intellect, her compassion, her sense of humor, her love for her husband, daughter, and friends... and so much more.  

Happy Birthday to my favorite daughter. ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽˆ

No comments:

Post a Comment