Friday, October 23, 2020

Musings...

 In August of this year, Tom Fields-Meyer wrote an article in the Los Angeles Times titled, "Missing the comfort of "my" seat in the synagogue when the whole world is askew". His article resonated with me. He talked about Saturday Shabbat services  At the timing of his article, it had been five months since their synagogue had in person services. 

For me, it has been seven months, since I was in our church sanctuary. Like the author of the  Op-Ed, I too miss my people. I miss sitting in my familiar church pew.  I miss listening to worship music in real time. I miss the familiar routines of Sunday morning.  As a Christian, I appreciate his Jewish persceptive.

I hope you will take a moment to read his Op-Ed on line. If you miss attending your religious services, I know you enjoy this article. 

 Until we have church services in person,  I will be sitting in the comfort of my home worshiping God and missing my people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment