Saturday, October 24, 2020

Friendships

 
"An honest answer is a true sign of friendship." 

Proverbs 24:26

  I absolutely love friends who are willing to have deep conversations. Sometimes it can be a bit jarring when friends go deep in conversations when we are a so accustomed to having frivolous interactions. 

Kim posed this question to me, "What are your insecurities about leadership?" Wait Kim, I'm not prepared to talk about this over dinner! Yet, we did. I was able to talk about some uncomfortable fears. The conversation was held in a safe place with friends.  Yes, even over soup and salad at Panera. 

When we  take risks in approaching  topics that draw out our feelings, we are rewarded with a level of trust and intimacy.

Next time we meet in person, be willing for me to ask you a gentle but probing question.










No comments:

Post a Comment