Thursday, September 3, 2020

shuffle with perseverance

 Over the past three weeks,  have been humbled with pain that makes me bend over and grimace in pain. I so grateful for technology that allows my physician to connect with me. Giving thanks for effective treatment plans.   This poem ... spoke to me.  It might resonate with you. 


"While others run fast, you can just

shuffle with perseverance.

While other impress,

you can simply press on. 

While others stop for the dark,

you can run through the dark,

The race is won by those who keep

running through the dark.

You've got to keep running

through the dark

because the Light is rising 

within you

The low lying storm cloud

that hangs over you can't 

master the light of Christ

that raises you.

Darkness does't 

have anything

on light

on hope, on faith. 

Sometimes the best

training for the really

big things is just the 

everyday things

Ann Voskamp 

No comments:

Post a Comment