Friday, September 18, 2020

Mah Mavens ...

Our weekly Mah Jonng games have been suspended. We no longer go from home to home to enjoy our weekly games. They have been suspended due to the current pandemic.  

What do we do?  The weekly games have been replaced by our Zoom video visits.  We keep current by sharing our reading lists, family visits, new adventures, and upcoming travel plans. The Mavens share how they are keeping current by playing Mahjong online. As for me, I have not ventured to play on line.  I wonder, will I be able to play this year? 

What is a Maven? One online dictionary  defines  maven as an expert or a connoisseur. I  consider members of our group, experts. That word does not define me.  I know my skills have improved while playing with them. Maybe I am a maven in training. 😙

They are my Mahjong friends. While, we began our time together playing this delightful game our conversations have extended beyond the game.   In some ways,  these friendships are giving me great joy. I like how it is stated in the scripture from Proverbs 27:9 

"Sweet friendships refresh the soul and awaken our hearts with joy,

for good friends are like fragrant incense of God's presence."  (The Passion Translation) 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment