Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Monday Musings ... help

A sweet two-year old was making an effort to zip up her jacket. Her tiny fingers were gliding over the smooth zipper. Her momma asked, “Do you need some help?”  

I am a silent observer in this process. I am thinking, her internal struggle is real. Learning this skill looks so frustrating. 

Later in the week,  at my physical therapy appointment, my therapist would ask me, “Can I give you an assist?”

I answered, “No, I think, I got this.”   After a few moments of struggle, I relented. I needed help.
Therapy is hard work. I was so frustrated. It was even hard to ask for help. 

Relearning skills is challenging. It is frustrating as my mind tells my body to do things I find impossible to do… My physical therapist told me, "You are doing better than the last time. You will get there…"

No matter the age… young or old… why do we sometimes hesitate to help? 

Asking for help triggered another memory  This memory was with my mother.

… In the midst of a family crisis. Mother said, “Well, we have done everything we know to do. Let’s pray.” As soon as the words came out of her mouth. We both laughed.  We realized that praying was the best first move. We learned a valuable lesson.

Today, I continue that simple spiritual practice. I begin my day with prayer. I ask the Lord for help, guidance, direction, and discernment

No comments:

Post a Comment