Monday, June 26, 2017

Monday Musings ... fear

Regarding fear, I think Don Wyrtzen states it well.
"The illusive monster of fear lurks in the shadows, waiting to claw my soul to shreds. As one prone to melancholia, I see its ugly face often: when I'm struggling with the emotional stress of a difficult relationship, when I'm afraid failure is just around the corner, when success is too hard to handle,  and on days when free-floating anxiety is getting the best if me."


Wow... I know the feeling when fear seems to reach deep in my soul.   I have to fight those feelings.  I am not alone. Fear is not a respecter of person.  It is when remember to trust the character of God, read His word, and pray, that I begin to experience peace.

Yesterday, I met a women who appeared to be struggling with fear. As we sat in the boarding section of Delta airline, her tiny body was quaking and trembling. We were waiting to board the next flight. Suddenly, she was spilling out many of her family issues with me. I thought she must be desperate to share her story to a complete strange. In addition to being exhausted from traveling from Hawaii, she shared struggles with her daughters, loneliness, and physical challenges.  

I pray that as she arrives home she will be have a good night's rest in her bed, begin the healing process with her family, and regain strength from her long vacation.

As I reflect on our conversation, I  had forgotten about my fear of flying. 

Pray for strangers that we meet along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment