Tuesday, February 28, 2017

joy

Words are inadequate to express the joy of having family. On March 1,  I will celebrate my daughter's birthday. As look back over the years, I have fond memories of my pregnancy,  the quickening movements of her,  doctor's visits,  sonograms, pokes, examinations, gowns, classes, maternity clothes, elastic pants, heart burn, and then joy of the birth.

So tomorrow, I will celebrate the birthday of my daughter.  As the mother of adult children, I continue to discover new joys that God gives me.

Most recently, I have discovered the joy of loving  young children in my Sunday School class. I love their tiny hands, their smiles, their laughter, their sticky fingers as the grab goldfish snacks, and their growing trust in God's love.

God  can expand our love beyond the love of our biological family. Love expands our lives and our capacity for love.  Why? Because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment