Friday, February 17, 2017

Friendship Friday

Originally from Turkey,
she has been in America
for many years. 
Is there such a thing as a perfect friend?  A Turkish Proverb states it well,  “A man who seeks a perfect friend remains friendless.”  True, there is no such thing as a perfect friend.

Are you fortunate to have friends who are “near” perfect?  In most cases, our friends have qualities that far outweigh their negative traits. We simply do not have the time or the energy for people who don’t bring out the best in our lives.

Real friendships are reciprocal. We are able learn, help, and benefit from each one another. 

Ayşe and I became acquainted as the result of Newcomers. As our acquaintance developed into a friendship,  we discovered the common bonds regarding things we hold dear. As mothers, we treasure the gift of our children. Friendships, family, culture, and are some of our shared interests.

What enriches our friendship? We also began to learn to appreciate or understand about our differences.
Tip I learned from my friend...
I will use Mary Kay's
Timewise replenishing serum +C
to correct dark spots on my skin. 


Over the years, we have enjoyed countless cups of tea, luncheons, summer drinks on her deck, girl night outs, Mary Kay Pampering Sessions, and a Mary Kay Road Trip to Nashville. It was on the road trip to Nashville, I share more in depth about my Christian Faith and how I became a Christian.

While we have talked about my faith, it was not until last year, I began to understand more about her faith as a Muslim. Last year, she lent me her book, No god but God by Reza Aslan. I look forward to reading and understanding more about her faith. Maybe she will have an interest to attend a study with me.

Learning goes both ways.



My thanks to her for taking me to
physical therapy. She also walked Josie.









No comments:

Post a Comment