Thursday, March 10, 2016

Letters, notes, emails, and texts

“People no longer write letters. Lacking the leisure, and for the most part, the ability, they dictate, and scribble messages. When you are in the humor, you should take a peep at some of the letters written by people who lived long ago.”

Joel Chandler Harris to his son
April 5, 1990

Do you write letters?
My family and friends know that I love writing notes and sending cards.I love the whole process of
writing.  The process includes selecting stationary, cards, pens, and stamps. I enjoy browsing in Hallmark and stationary stores. For me,  there does not have to be a special occasion to send a note. 

I love sliding my fingers over the texture of fine stationary. There is also something about how ink adheres to paper. I like the look of cream colored stationary with the letter J embossed in gold on the front flap of a card. Love it!

Next to writing notes, I enjoy going to the post office. Yes, really. I have grown to appreciate the people who work in the Post Office.   They have been helpful as I have mailed books, cosmetics, and gifts to family. I appreciate their smiles and their attention to each customer.

While we seldom write letters, we love reading them.The most widely read letters in the world were not delivered by any post office. They are the letters of the Apostle Paul.  These letters are included in the New Testament of the Bible. Letters written around 2,000 years ago continue to the life giving instructions to people all over the world.

These letters have been translated into thousands of languages continue to proclaim the life-changing message of God’s love for people in the Good News.  
Just a few of the very helpful people at the Post Office. 













No comments:

Post a Comment