Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday Musings... confidence

I don’t remember every word from her note, yet I recall these two words, God confidence. Her words were a source of encouragement as I was stepping into BSF ( Bible Study Fellowship) leadership. She gently pointed me to God.

God would use my education and experiences, yet that those things were not the source of my strength. It is my confidence in the truth of God’s Word and His faithfulness that gives me the power to serve.  In unexpected ways I discovered God could be fully trusted in every area of my life.

When the 2008 financial crisis of created a meltdown, I discovered I had trusted in bank accounts and stock statements.  When my sister was struck with a sudden and fatal illness, I found God to be faithful in the midst of sudden tragedy. So rather than be shaken I found myself stronger in my faith. In big and small ways, God gives me the daily confidence to trust Him.

Now, I look back and I see how difficulties  have been instruments to  deepen my relationship with the Lord.


We can have confidence in God and His word.

Here is a picture of my friend and her husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment