Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday Musings

I am a confessed political junkie. If I am home, I often watch C-SPAN, CNBC, CNN, or Fox. I will go back and forth between channels to catch different perspectives.  I have given up on receiving impartial news. I understand that each of the channels have a point of view. With the exception of C-SPAN I think you can discern the political views from any host.

If I am in the car, I will scan the talk radio shows to hear more political chatter. Newspapers, blogs, and online magazines all feed my addiction. Sometimes, I stop, I have to quiet my heart and turn off TV and radio.  

For all of the speeches and interviews, I am disappointed with today’s political candidates. They seem to lack vision, specifics, and creditability.  I wonder, do their gear their answers for sound bites rather than substance?

Before I was able to vote, I am excited about the first woman to run for the Presidency of the United States. Representative Shirley Chisholm was the first woman to announce her candidacy. She was articulate, intelligent, thoughtful, and passionate. Even now, if you listen to some of her speeches, this brave woman will amaze you.

 Our elected officials need to be brave to tackle the difficult issues our nation faces.  Voters need to demand more from our candidates. 

"I don't measure America by its achievement but by its potential."
Shirley Chisholm
Last year Shirley Chisholm was on a postage stamp.





No comments:

Post a Comment