Thursday, August 27, 2015

Bliss

How to find bliss in your marriage…

According to a 2011 study by the University of Virginia’s National Project fund found that the most blissful couples tend to be the most generous with one another in tiny ways. I love that couples don’t have to go over the top be thoughtful to each other.

Tara Parker Pope is a New York Times Columnist. She writes a weekly column for the newspaper, In addition, she has written a book, For Better, she list seven scientific secrets for a successful marriage
1.     Celebrate Good News
2.     Five to One  - It takes five good moments to overcome one bad moment.
3.     Keep Your Standards High
4.     Stay Close to Family and Friends
5.     Don’t Expect Your Spouse to Make Your Family Happy
6.     Have More Intimacy
7.     Excitement  

 Cannot remember the seven scientific secrets? Here is some wisdom I am taking from a dear friend … honor with spouse as the beloved in your marriage.  I love this advice!
How does that look? For me, I am working to treat my spouse with respect, care, and love.

Here are two pictures of my dear friends. They are funny, kind, generous, and amazing.  Can you guess how long they have been married? 


No comments:

Post a Comment