Thursday, June 11, 2015

Vintage Stores

Goodwill, thrift or consignment stores, vintage boutiques or yard sales. Is there much of a difference? I think there is commonality. Each of the stores offer items that have had a previous life.  Now, each item is waiting to be purchased and go to a new home.


Last week, friends were visiting the area and planning to shop along on one of the largest yards sale in the Commonwealth. I wish I had taken them to a local restaurant and coffee shop.  Next to the coffee shop is a delightful vintage store. This store is full of unique pieces of clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc.

I purchased a "statement" necklace. My hope is that the findings (what holds the jewelry together) will be sturdy.

I hope my friends Kathy and Karen ( K and K are sisters) will return for another visit. I look forward to sharing this store with them.

"Our culture’s obsession with vintage objects has rendered us unable to separate history from nostalgia. People want heart. They want a chaser of emotion with their aesthetics."
Sloane Crosley

I guess that with vintage clothing we have a bit of history and heart as well.














No comments:

Post a Comment