Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Primary Election ... I voted...Did you vote?

The never-ending cycle of political campaigns makes me sad. I am saddened by the amount of money that invades campaigns. I can barely listen to or watch the political ads.

While I am weary of the system, I participate. I vote. Each vote is important.
I love the following quote. While this quote was not directly related to our primary election. It was more in response to issues of the gospel, employment, and the prosperity gospel.

Indeed, God is not a Democrat or a Republican or a capitalist.

 “I don’t believe God is a capitalist, I would never reduce the divine to any economic system. I do believe that God does interact and intersect with humanity in ways beyond human comprehension and that even corrupt, broken systems, can be impacted in positive ways by God. In my belief system, all systems have some brokenness, if God never allowed people to work in broken systems, African Americans would never work!” Rev. Jennifer Tinsley

Indeed, since Genesis 3 we live in a broken world. People of faith are called to make a difference in our communities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment