Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday Musings... tears

I started crying Saturday morning. On Sunday morning, the tears continued to flow. This evening, I found myself crying again.  Why all the tears?

Tears of joy, laughter, sadness… Listening to women who have suffered losses, endured illnesses, and overcome deep betrayal …
In spite of all the trials, I admire women who display strength in the midst of difficulties. Then, I smile, their faith in God has grown. 

God is in the midst of our tears and suffering. We are not alone. 

“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues.  They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.”
Washington Irving 

No comments:

Post a Comment