Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Monday Musings...

The rich history of Mississippi offers a near endless source of topics for books. So when one of my book clubs selected John Grisham’s book, Sycamore Row, I was hopeful this book would provide for a vibrant discussion. I was not disappointed.

This past Saturday, the SISTERS Book Club met at my home. I always look forward to our time together. As a part of this month’s meeting, we decided to watch the movie, A Time To Kill. Watching the movie was timely as this set the stage for the book Sycamore Row.

The timeless themes of racism, sexism, family alienation, reconciliation, greed, forgiveness, and hope were skillfully weaved in the plot of this book. While not preachy, I appreciate that John Grishman often incorporates themes of redemption and forgiveness into his work.


“I’m a Christian, and those beliefs occasionally come out in my novels.
John Grisham

SISTERS










  

No comments:

Post a Comment