Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday Musings ... Winsome

Winsome

An online dictionary defines winsome as sweet charming; winning; or engaging
The origin of this word is Middle English or Old English around 900.

This word is seldom used in everyday language. Yet, I love its definition. 

Those qualities are attractive in a personality. You probably know someone who fits this description. If you are like me, you will find yourself enjoying their company. When you share a cup of coffee you want to linger for more conversation.  They invite you into their life … you want to be a part of the circle of friends.

Last week, I met someone that fits the description of having a winsome personality.
I was carrying a box and bag of books into Half Price Books. He ran to open the door for me. As soon as were in the store, he was excited to engage in a deep a conversation.

In the span of five minutes, we were talking about race, privilege, ministry, and movie recommendations.  Wow!  He recommended the movie In Time. Justin Timberlake is the star in this movie. After listening to the plot of the movie, I am curious to find this movie on Netflix or On Demand. 

He is so engaging, I was interested to know about his work.  He is a part of Athletes in Action. I think he and his wife must be a perfect fit to serve on a college campus. You simply must visit their site. Athletes in Action Read about the history of the ministry.

Who do you know that has a winsome personality?







No comments:

Post a Comment