Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Trends

What’s  new?

Long before toast was a trend, I have maintained a lifelong love of buttered toast.  Toast is delicious, slightly crunchy and a tiny bit soft in the middle.  The simple beauty and taste of toast it is hard not to love. Now, others have discovered or maybe more accurately rediscovered toast as a new food trend.

Growing up, we often used the oven to toast our bread.   At one time, we were able to prepare enough toast for our entire family of six.  Butter, jelly or apple butter were the common toppings. Toast, milk, coffee, and eggs were the staple ingredients for a breakfast.
Now toast has found it’s way on many menus.   It appears to be a new food trend. On the chalkboard menu, toast is listed as a snack.  

This is not really a new trend, decorating with burlap. I think this trend has been around for about a year. Burlap pillows, wreathes, and even curtains are often found in many stores.
I recently found both of these trends in one unique restaurant, Chow Daddy’s in South Carolina. This new eatery opened in April of 2014.  I am sure that most foodies will love this restaurant. Eclectic décor, warm interior, creative menu, and an inventive drink menu. What is not to love?

Some trends come and go. I love that I am be comforted by the truths that transcend time and trends. I am in the middle of a yearlong study on the life of Moses. We have just finished the Exodus 20; God has given the 10 commandments. Some say that Bible is for another time and another people. Yet, who can argue that murder, stealing, lying, etc. are simply wrong.
Materials I used to make my burlap wreath. 




No comments:

Post a Comment