Saturday, November 15, 2014

Fabulous Friends

“When I entered school and became part of society, I realized that the important thing was to attach myself to the most powerful armada in the bay, become a part of a fleet of little girls who, by virtue of our collective power, would cut through the waters without fear. In order to make the center hold, I had to be the center of things. Friends would protect me."
Phyllis Theroux

While I am no longer in elementary school, I often find myself with women who have a passion to serve. Service to others looks different for each person. I have one friend who is serving in China, another friend provides training for health care workers in West Africa, and yet another serves in an after school reading program for underserved youth. One of my exercise buddies began skiing when she turned 62.  Another friend ran her first marathon in her sixties.  One friend serves  women in the adult entertainment industry. She is a part of a ministry who seeks to help women escape adult entertainment

No matter our place of service, we need health in order to serve others. I also have a group of friends who are passionate about staying healthy. These women are such a source of encouragement. 

For me it is not the collective power of an armada, but it is in faithful friends who love and serve a  powerful God.
Fabulous Friends ... My exercise buddies 





No comments:

Post a Comment