Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday Sacrifices

For years, I was a parent cheering from the sidelines of a soccer field. On most Saturdays, I would spend hours on a soccer field. As our children grew, we would often travel to cheer our teams all across the mid south.  As the soccer season of our lives ended, we rediscovered the beauty of home life.  We began to savor a life without soccer.

As high school ended, we switched gears to begin to travel for college visits. I loved watching college games.  Then, we were able to visits to see our ailing parents. We are always in the midst of changes and different challenges.
Our sacrifices changed…

Today, I sacrificed a bit of sleep to serve in a ministry.  Serving requires a commitment of putting the interests of others ahead of my own.  I am blessed to serve.

Later in the day,  I sat in the audience to listen to city council candidates debate issues our city faces.  Giving up a bit of my Saturday to hear candidates the issues. It was a small sacrifice. 



I am so grateful for candidates who make huge sacrifices to run for office.

“I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts. “
Abraham Lincoln



No comments:

Post a Comment