Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cowpokes


 Television’s  “golden age” has been identified as the period from 1949 until the early 1960’s.  Many of the television shows in this period were carry overs from the radio.  For example, Dragnet and Gunsmoke were two programs that would successfully make the transition from radio to television.

One of my favorite programs from this era was Sky King. Why? These cowboys and cowgirls were riding around in cars. In each story, I enjoyed where the good people overcame evil. Today's television shows cannot be described as a Golden Age. I recently purchased a Cowgirl Cookbook. Over the summer, I will be sharing some of the “healthy” recipes on Tuesdays.   Along the way, I hope to share interesting facts. 
My new light switch cover. Where will it go?

No comments:

Post a Comment