Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tears and prayers

Part of the Children's Sensory Garden
 Visiting in Indiana, I went for a walk at  Mounds State Park.  It is one of my favorite places.. So many memories... big reunions, small get togethers, flag football scuffles, cookouts, hiking, swimming,  roasting marshmallows, riding bikes, songs, cousins at the playground,  picnic tables, and laughter.

Walking by the swimming pool, I remember, this is where my daughter lost her first tooth. She was so upset.  Her frail little voice, "Mom, put it back in."  Her tooth had been hanging by a small strand of skin.  She was crying and sobbing, wanting her tooth to go back. She was learning one of her many life lessons about growing up.
Tears when we were in the midst of a hail storm in Tennessee,  she cried, I prayed. No matter the place or circumstance, I am grateful for prayer.
God is our refuge and strength
always ready to help in time of trouble."
Psalm 46:1 New Living Translation




Location of our first pre Thanksgiving Reunion 2007



Swimming pool where Jara lost her first tooth.  Pool is behind the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment