Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gardening in the winter?

Gardening…  Depending on the season, I will always find something beautiful in garden centers.  Over the years, my garden planning has improved.  No more wasting plants that will wither and die on the deck. 

As a result of sounder planning, I am better able to enjoy the produce of summer garden.  This past summer, I had peppers, herbs, tomatoes, and eggplant.  Now as winter approaches, I hope to enjoy pansies peaking out from the snow-covered ground.

 As the temperatures continue to slide toward freezing I will move my banana plant to garage.   Will it survive the winter?  We shall see.

I like small independent stores in contrast to the big box garden stores. The small stores offer a blend of plants, gardening supplies, seeds, and an eclectic inventory for shoppers.  Earlier this month I was able to do window-shopping at a store in Greensboro, North Carolina.  The pictures are from the store in North Carolina.  No winter garden... Lord wiling, I will plan my garden this winter. 





This portion of the garden has an interesting combination of containers, plants, and colors. 

I would love a bench in my garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment