Friday, September 23, 2011

Radio Programs

Joseph Beth Independent Book Store 
Do you have a favorite radio program?  I enjoy a classical music station on Sirius/XM radio.  I also listen to  Keeping It Real on Station 128.  I think the objective of this radio personality is to provoke his listeners to anger.   I have to tune him out....
When possible,  I listen to the Satellite Sisters.  These sisters always have something interesting to share. Daily topics may include discussions about plastic surgery, decorating, travel, parenting issues, employment, dating, or planning a wedding.  They make daily life funny and entertaining.   Their program is available via podcast.

My favorite radio program is Thru the Bible Radio with Dr. J. Vernon McGee.   Listening to Dr. McGee's teaching reminds me how the Bible truth's transcends time, culture, gender, and geography. Practical applications make the program relevant to daily life. Here is a link: TTB

Tonight,  Jerry and I had dinner at the cafe at Joseph Beth. After dinner, we listened to Bob Edwards read from his memoir , A Voice in the Box My Life in Radio.    Bob Edwards is the host of a show on Sirius XM Radio and Bob Edwards on Public Radio International (PRI).   I think his best interviews are about topics specific to Kentucky.  His series on Mountain Top Removal in Kentucky is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment