Monday, July 18, 2011

God of Mercy


Sometimes I have wonderful life experiences that awaken me (again) to the reality of God's mercy.
As I do a word study of mercy in the Bible, I'm discovering the  depth of God’s love and mercy. 

In the morning,
God’s loyal love couldn’t have run out,
His merciful love couldn’t have dried up.
They’re created new every morning.
How great is your faithfulness!
I’m sticking with God (I say it over and over)
He’s all I’ve got left.
Lamentations  3: 22-24 Message

Then in Psalm 147:11
The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear HIM,
In those who hope in His mercy .

God's mercy demonstrated in sending Jesus ...  Titus 3:5
“He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness,
but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by
the Holy Spirit.”

What does God require?
Here is one of my favorite verses:
... O, people, the LORD has told you what is good,
 and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8 (New Living Translation)

Savoring the mercy of God.  Where would I be without the mercy of God?  





No comments:

Post a Comment