Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Give beauty back...back to God" G.M. Hopkins

Refreshments


Our bodies are works of divine art, in all their shapes, sizes, and various abilities and disabilities.  It is always an act of faithfulness to delight in what God delights, and I believe God delights in what God creates.  How can one accentuates the beauty of the human form is another topic altogether, full of subjective arguments.  But there is nothing wrong with minding how we look and express our attempts, albeit at times quote fallen, to layer our multifaceted ideas of beauty upon that which is already beautiful.  I am both playfully and sincerely grateful that I have the luxury to dwell on what I believe is most flattering to my human form, what dresses, occasional shade of lip gloss, or a flimsy scarf makes me feel beautiful.” Take a moment and read this entire blog by Enuma Okoro guest blogger @ Her.meneutics: Should Christians Pursue External Beauty, June 24, 2011 
Mary Kay Products



2 comments:

  1. It was such a lovely party Mom. I felt very relaxed by the end of it...as you could probably tell LOL! You knew the products so well. I'm very happy with my face wash. I talked about it a lot today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thinking about that evening and your friends makes me smile. What a lovely group of ladies. Inside and out... beautiful! Love you sweet pea.

    ReplyDelete