Friday, July 1, 2011

Everyone has a different struggle

Waiting in the doctor’s office, I sit quietly in the exam room. Then, I begin texting my sister and brother. Next, I look over my list of questions and concerns.,  Still waiting, I read an article about arthritis.  

As the door opens, my doctor apologizes for the delay.  Emergencies in the office… asthma attack…other medical emergencies…

As she begins the exam, she listens to each of my concerns.  Reassuring, comforting, and challenging, she writes a referral.  I will see another doctor. She explains what she observes in medical terms, "I don’t think this is anything to worry about but I will give you a referral."
Most reassuring about my visit, we share our common faith in Christ.

Leaving the doctor’s office, I am just one of many patients that will be seen by this medical group.  Good reports, bad reports, waiting for reports… across this city in different offices… other reports…

Over the past five months, my husband and I have been praying for  one of his co- worker as he has endured cancer treatment for melanoma.

Struggles… health… finances…employment…political unrest…mental confusion…consquences of poor choices..Whatever the struggle, God can be our help in our life and in the lives of  the people we love.  



No comments:

Post a Comment