Thursday, January 13, 2011

O magnify the LORD with me

It is eerie sitting in the hospital waiting room. With the exception of the television in the corner of the room, the room is quiet.   We are waiting while my sister is having surgery.  Tim is drinking coffee…Nan reading the newspaper…we make small talk…
Waiting…

The wait is over, the surgeon walks in the room…He explains the surgery's outcome…we are so thankful…God has answered so many prayers…Last night, I left messages with my daughter and son…friends…my college roommate…. This morning, I email my prayer partner from church. Driving this morning, I talk with my aunt and daughter. 

Surgery is over; we are sitting by her bedside.  My sister is still a little fuzzy from surgery, but she is doing well.  Thanking God…. Her pastor has returned to visit.   We talk…savoring the good report…Pastor O’Neil is preparing to leave, he offers a prayer…praising God for who He is and thanking Him for answers to prayers.   

Later, we reflect, God is sovereign, whatever the outcome, God is good, faithful, merciful, and our redeemer...


"O magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together." Psalm 34:3 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment