Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Burns, curling irons, and natural hair styles


Thankfully, I have no new burns. I am exploring creative ways to style my hair.  After several burns, it is time to try something new.  I write this with caution.  It has been several months since I have had a burn.

My most severe burn, I had to go the emergency room.  I had dropped the curling iron and hit my eye.  OUCH… OUCH and OUCH… As I have noted in other entries, I have also  burned my neck, check,…
 What are my lessons?  Hurry and get hurt.  In most cases, I was in a hurry and distracted while doing my hair.  I stay focused when using electrical equipment. I know that is basic. Finally, I thank God for friends.   

One Sunday, I was sitting next to my friend in church… I explained, I had another burn.  Graciously, she wrote a prescription… It is wonderful to have a friend who is a medical doctor. Here is  picture from our recent dinner.


2 comments:

  1. I just burned my hand on my flat iron the other day. It seemed the only choice at the time since it would've hit the floor and probably not survived. Fortunately it wasn't too bad but any burn is not worth it.

    Note to self: Pay attention!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I have to pay attention... no multi tasking.

    ReplyDelete