Friday, December 10, 2010

Wavering faith?

Waiting by the elevator,  I hear the ocean waves in the distance.  Walking on the beach, I savor all of wonders that are not a part of my everyday life. Our week's visit is ending, we will return to the familiar landscape of our lives.   My prayer is to see and appreciate with fresh eyes the beauty of God's creation at home.   I plan on turning off the distractions, chatter and noise of the world... namely t.v.
















"If we feel that our faith is weak and wavering, the antidote is not to turn inward and try to generate more faith from ourselves.  Faith is not like toothpaste in a tube just waiting to be squeezed out.  The answer is to contemplate more closely what kind of trustworthy and sufficient Savior we have in Jesus."
Graeme Goldsworthy

No comments:

Post a Comment