Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas memories

This morning I gently packed away Christmas tree ornaments.  In one box, I gingerly place each of the angel ornaments. Tiny little angel faces...wooden, fabric, plastic, yarn...In another box,  I place all of the  fragile tree ornaments. In yet another container, I place handmade decorations made by my children.

Over the holidays, I have had the chance to relive fond family memories.  For me, it has been a sweet holiday.  Sadly, for some, not all holidays hold dear memories.  While some memories may not be dear, it is wonderful to know that you are dear to God!  What have you been thinking about this season?   For me, the following verses always  encourage me...
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice.  And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:23

This Avon ornament still plays a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment