Saturday, December 18, 2010

Jobs

On Thursday, I navigated the icy streets to attend a party.  It is the annual Christmas party for the  civic organization of which I am a member. Dinner conversation flowed from the weather, children, parents, and the holiday preparation.  For one awkward moment, I talked about my job and my job  search.

There were well over 40  people in attendance at the party.  Of the number of people in attendance at the party, there may have been at least 4 people who were unemployed or underemployed.  That is figure is based on the fact that according to the U. S. Department of Labor with the nation's unemployment  rate is 9.5 percent.

I am a part of many individuals in our nation who are looking work.  As I update my resume, I am prayerful about the next step in my life.  As you celebrate this season remember people in your church or neighborhood who may be looking for work.   Remember to be grateful the blessings you already have... friends and family.

Friends at the party

Love that sweater!
Love that tie!

No comments:

Post a Comment